Home-Selling Checklist: A Guide to Selling Your Home
When it comes to selling a home, it is always a jumbled process of things to do. But worry not! We’ve got you covered with all the list you need to prepare as you are ready to sell your home.
Selling a home is not only about selling a property but also bidding farewell to all the memories that have been built along with the home. When it comes to selling a home, it is always a jumbled process of things to do. Whether it is your first time selling a home or you have sold a home before, you may find yourself taking notes and assistance on what to do.
Now that you are ready to sell your home, what is the first and important thing?
It is all about preparation!
Before you jump right in to take care of your house sales and do some prep work into getting your house on the market, knowing where you are moving is the most important thing to decide. Do not sell your home without knowing where you are going to move.
Selling a home comes with a lot of work and preparation for anyone. Meanwhile, poor preparation can greatly affect your selling process. Sometimes, hiring a broker or property agent can be a great and effective way to help your house selling process as well as preparation.
What about selling a home independently?
Getting help from a property agent by your side will help you with the marketing process, but let us not forget that it can be expensive too. The fact is, you can actually sell your home independently. In the midst of the uphill battle of the housing market, listing your home in Lokalist will help your home to get easily noticed by buyers.
So, what are the home selling lists that we all need to prepare? Let us take a look at our home-selling checklist!
1. Get All the Documents Ready
When you are ready to sell your home, you need to prepare all the necessary legal documents. From your house certificates, from Freehold Title (Sertifikat Hak Milik) and Building Rights Title (Sertifikat Hak Guna Bangunan) to proof of payments such as land and building tax (Pajak Bumi Bangunan or PBB). Here is the list of legal documents that you need to prepare:
- Freehold Title (Sertifikat Hak Milik) and Building Rights Title (Sertifikat Hak Guna Bangunan).
- Traditional house letters (if any) such as Surat Girik, Petok D, and Letter C.
- Certificate of Building Permit (Izin Membangun Bangunan) to verify the legality of the residence building.
- Deed of Sale and Purchase or Akta Jual Beli issued by a notary as a witness to the transaction.
- Proof of Land and Building Tax (PBB) payment.
- Proof of other payments, including water, electricity, telephone, etc.
2. Do Thorough Research on the Steps of Buying and Selling a Home
Once you get all the legal documents ready, the next step is to pay attention to the legal terms and procedures for buying and selling land and buildings, more specifically is the proof of house selling and buying transaction. We have listed down what you need to know on the steps of house selling and buying transactions.
- A notary will do a full check of the certificates and receipt of the Land and Building Tax (Pajak Bumi dan Bangunan) deposit. The notary will ensure that the land is not involved in disputes or confiscation and that there are no outstanding bills to be paid.
- With the consent of the husband and wife, a married couple’s land has become a joint property and there must be a special approval letter.
- The seller pays the income tax (PPh) and the buyer pays the Land and Building Rights Acquisition Fee (Bea Perolehan Hak Atas Tanah dan Bangunan or BPHTB).
- A Land Titles Registrar (Pejabat Pembuat Akta Tanah) reads out the Deed of sale and purchase (Akta Jual Beli) which is then signed by the seller, buyer, witness, and PPAT
- Carry out the process of returning the name to the name of the buyer.
3. Market Your Home
For your home to be noticed by the market, the one thing to do besides hiring a real estate agent or a broker is to list your home in an online real estate listing. Besides, listing your home online is the cheapest way to sell your home. People are coming to the internet when it comes to buying online, but then again—in order for your home to be successfully noticed by the market, your home has to be marketed in such a way to stand out from the others.
Then, why is it good to list your home in Lokalist? We are a dedicated real estate listing platform that gives plenty of information related to property, especially houses for sale. People who are looking for a home in Lokalist are the people who are ready to make their buy, there will be no agent or other third-party needed, so the buyer can directly contact you as the seller.
Start listing your home on Lokalist now!